Located in Paro district of Bhutan, the luxurious Zhiwa Ling Hotel is about 12 km from the international airport.
The special features of this magnificent establishments are :
– The hotel is built on 10 acres of land with natural stream flowing through it.
– The main building is fashioned after a Dzong, a traditional Bhutanese temple fortress.
– There are eight 528 sq feet cottages, four two-storey and four three-storey, each with a private balcony
– The hotel features a replica of the ‘Nemyzampa’ the cantilever bridge at Paro Dzong
– The coldest winters need not be worry with temperature throughout the hotel maintained at a comfortable 18 to 22 degree Celsius by use of Swedish under floor heating technology
– Using timber from Bhutan’s oldest private monastery, the 450 year old Gangte Goenpa, a beautiful temple has been built into the second floor of the main building to honour Bhutan’s religious heritage.
– Hundreds of species of rare plants grace the grounds, including rare orchids sourced form the Zhemgang region in Eastern Bhutan.
– There is a clear view of Taktsang Monastery from the meditation centre
Rooms & Suites
Zhiwa Ling has 42 rooms and 3 suites
Room Categories : Magnolia, Drukgyel, Juniper
Suites : Blue Poppy, Takin, Royal Raven Suite
Food & Beverage outlet :
– Multi cuisine restaurant leading to dining deck
– Bhutanese specialty restaurant
– The Mad Monk Bar
– Night Club
– Tea House
– Fitness Centre
– Traditional Bhutanese hot stone bath
– Two full equipped banquet halls with a capacity of 80 to 150 guests
– Outdoor Banquet lawns with a capacity of 300 guests
– Board room with a capacity of 8 guests
– Full equipped business centre
Special arrangements which can be orgnanised by hotel with additional cost :
– A prayer hoist ceremony at the time of guest check-in
– Depiction of age old Bhutanese ceremonies and customs (Driglam Namzha)
– Theme Dinners
– Night Club parties
– Archery & Khuru (traditional dart throwing) tournaments
– Short treks with packed food