Day 1: Arrival at Paro & to Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu
Day 3: From Thimphu to Punakha
Day 4: Punakha
Day 5: Punakha to Phobjikha
Day 6: Phobjikha
Day 7: Phobjikha to Chumey, Bumthang
Day 8: Chumey to Chokhor, Bumthang
Day 9: Chokhor, Bumthang
Day 10: Chokhor to Tang, Bumthang
Day 11: Tang, Bumthang
Day 12: Tang to Ura, Bumthang
Day 13: Ura back to Chokhor, Bumthang
DAY 14: Domestic flight to Paro
DAY 15: Paro Taktshang: Tiger’s nest
DAY 16: Departure
- Follow in the footsteps of Bhutanese village folks who – back in the days – had to barter and trade on seasonal migrations to neighboring valleys. During day-hikes you will explore the old footpaths or “traditional highways” as they are often referred to. Along the way you will enjoy pristine nature and the gorgeous architecture of temples and monasteries.
- In the evenings, while snuggling up to the warmth of the stove in your hosts’ (“neypo”) house, you can listen to stories of a long ago past where traveling by foot was quite an adventure.
- Wild animals and the infamous “migoi” (yeti-like creature) were but a few of the possible dangers. Enjoy the generous and heartfelt hospitality by your Bhutanese hosts, indulge in delicious home-cooked meals and take a sip of the local moonshine “ara”.
- Help with food preparations and learn how to make momo, the filled dumplings, buckwheat pancakes and “ema datshi” (chili and cheese). You can also join the villagers during farm work if you are interested.
- This tour is ideal for people who like a balance between hiking and cultural sightseeing in order to approach a destination gradually, offering more time for immersion.
- You will meet with the locals off the beaten track and get fascinating insights into daily Bhutanese life. Your accommodation will alternate between farm/homestays and comfortable tourist standard hotels.
Detailed Tour Itineraries are available on request as to maintain the exclusivity of the tours.
- Private guided Tour
- Visas for Bhutan
- Airport transfers
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- A tour vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel stay
- Meals at 4-5 stars restaurants
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Expenditure of personal WELLNESS
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Click below to tell us what you’re looking for: