Festival Dates: 17th -19thFebruary
Experience the spectacular Punakha Tshechu (Festival), held in the grounds of the magnificent Punakha Dzong. A Tshechu is a Buddhist festival in honour of Guru Rimpoche, the saint who brought Buddhism to Bhutan. Locals gather in a spirit of festivity, celebration and deep faith to witness unique masked dances and celebrations. The Tsechu is one of the best ways to experience the ancient living culture of Bhutan. Also visit sacred sites in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Phobjikha Valley.
|Name of Trip
||08 Nights/ 09 Days
||17th to 19th February 2016
||Hotels and Resorts
- Day 01: Arrival Paro -Thimphu
- Day 02: Thimphu
- Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha
- Day 04: Punakha
- Day 05: Punakha
- Day 06: Punakha - Phobjikha
- Day 07: Phobjikha - Paro
- Day 08: Paro
- Day 09: Departure
- Experience the mesmerising colourful festivals, featuring ancient mask dances performed by trained monks. Experience the unique dramatic recreation of the scene form 17th Century battle with Tibetan army.
- Explore some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and the ancient temples.
- Marvel at the glorious architecture of ancient times, either in evocative states of ruin, or fastidiously restored to its original glory.
- Journey through pristine nature, capturing the traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Experience the beauty of the famous Taktsang Monastery also known as Tiger’s Nest, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley.
Detailed Tour itineraries are available on request as to maintain the exclusivity of the tours.
- USD 1,969 for 1 person traveller
- USD 1,889 per person for 2 person travellers
- USD 1,649 per person for group with 3 or more
What's Not Included
- Private guided Tour
- Visas for Bhutan
- Airport transfers
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- A tour vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Travel Insurance
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel stay
- Meals at 4-5 stars restaurants
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Expenditure of personal WELLNESS
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Click below to tell us what you're looking for:
Related Enchanting Festivity