Festival Dates: 14th -17thNovember
This festival is held for duel reasons; to commemorate an establishment of Jambay Lhakhang (temple) in 7 th century and to honor Guru Rimpoche, a saint who introduced Tantric form of Buddhism in Bhutan. A variety of traditional and mask dances are performed and each dance bear significant meaning/importance. This festival is one of the most important in Bhutan and its high light is the ‘Mewang” – the fire ceremony and the ” Tercham” – a religious dance. A fire dance is held in the evening to bless infertile women so that they may bear children. The festival dances were composed mostly by Terton Pema Lingpa, the great treasure discoverer of the 15th century.
|Name of Trip
||Jambay Lhakhang Drup
||09 Nights/ 10 Days
||14th to 17th November 2016
||Hotels and Resorts
- Day 01: Arrival Paro -Thimphu
- Day 02: Thimphu
- Day 03: Thumphu – Punakha
- Day 04: Punakha - Bumthang
- Day 05: Bumthang
- Day 06: Bumthang
- Day 07: Bumthang -Phobjikha
- Day 08: Phobjikha - Paro
- Day 09: Paro
- Day 10: Departure
- Experience the mesmerising colourful festivals, featuring ancient mask dances performed by trained monks.
- Explore some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and the ancient temples.
- Marvel at the glorious architecture of ancient times, either in evocative states of ruin, or fastidiously restored to its original glory.
- Journey through pristine nature, capturing the traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Experience the beauty of the famous Taktsang Monastery also known as Tiger’s Nest, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley.
Detailed Tour itineraries are available on request as to maintain the exclusivity of the tours.
- USD 2,659 for 1 person traveller
- USD 2,569 per person for 2 person travellers
- USD 2,299 per person for group with 3 or more
What's Not Included
- Private guided Tour
- Visas for Bhutan
- Airport transfers
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- A tour vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Travel Insurance
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel stay
- Meals at 4-5 stars restaurants
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Expenditure of personal WELLNESS
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Click below to tell us what you're looking for:
Related Enchanting Festivity