Festival Dates: 13th December
The Druk Wangyel Festival was established in 2011 in commemoration of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and the Armed Forces’ victory over Indian insurgent forces residing in southern Bhutan in 2003. The Tsechu takes place every December 13th at the Druk Wangyel Lhakhang Festival Ground located at Dochula Pass around 22km from the capital city Thimphu. The Druk Wangyel Tshechu is a unique festival in that it is performed by the Royal Bhutan Army rather than monks or lay people. It is a tribute to the wise leadership of His Majesty Jigme Singye Wangchuck, the Fourth King of Bhutan. It also celebrates the continuous efforts of the Royal Bhutan Army in protecting the sovereignty and the stability of the country.
|Name of Trip
||Druk Wangyel Tshechu
||07 Nights/ 08 Days
||13th December 2016
||Hotels and Resorts
- Day 01: Arrival Paro -Thimphu
- Day 02: Thimphu
- Day 03: Thumphu – Punakha
- Day 04: Punakha
- Day 05: Punakha
- Day 06: Punakha - Paro
- Day 07: Paro
- Day 08: Departure
- Experience the mesmerising colourful festivals, featuring ancient mask dances performed by trained monks.
- Explore some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and the ancient temples.
- Marvel at the glorious architecture of ancient times, either in evocative states of ruin, or fastidiously restored to its original glory.
- Journey through pristine nature, capturing the traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Experience the beauty of the famous Taktsang Monastery also known as Tiger’s Nest, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley.
Detailed Tour itineraries are available on request as to maintain the exclusivity of the tours.
- USD 1,729 for 1 person traveller
- USD 1,659 per person for 2 person travellers
- USD 1,449 per person for group with 3 or more
What's Not Included
- Private guided Tour
- Visas for Bhutan
- Airport transfers
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- A tour vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Travel Insurance
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel stay
- Meals at 4-5 stars restaurants
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Expenditure of personal WELLNESS
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Click below to tell us what you're looking for:
Related Enchanting Festivity