The most challenging and the toughest of Bhutan cycling race “Tour of the Dragon” is compared with America’s Death Ride, will be an international event from next year. There will be many foreign bikers taking part in it every year along with the Bhutanese dare devils.The route across the Inner Himalayas of Bhutan is one of the most grueling ones in the world. The route is as winding as the body of a Bhutanese dragon, curving not only laterally but also in terms of elevation – spiking up to 3,340m and dropping to 1,200m.The Tour of the Dragon starts in Bumthang and travels 268km over 4 mountain passes before finishing in Thimphu town square. Billed as one of the toughest one day mountain bike races in the world
|Name of Trip
||Tour of the Dragon
||09 Nights/ 10 Days
||Hotels and Resorts
- Day 01: Arrive Paro
- Day 02: Thimphu - Punakha
- Day 03: Punakha - Bumthang
- Day 04: Bumthang
- Day 05: Bumthang - Prepation Day
- Day 06: Start Tour of Dragon
- Day 07: Thimphu
- Day 08: Thimphu -Paro
- Day 09: Paro
- Day 10: Departure
- Cycle through mixed forests, pasturelands and valleys dotted with villages rich in culture.
- Ride down mountains with exhilarating drops of thousands of metres.
- Challenge yourself with surmounting high passes of over 3000 metres.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
Detailed Tour itineraries are available on request as to maintain the exclusivity of the tours.
|(March-May & Sept-Oct)
|Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on travel dates and other custom preferences.
What's Not Included
- Private guided Tour
- Visas for Bhutan
- Airport transfers
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- A tour vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Travel Insurance
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel stay
- Meals at 4-5 stars restaurants
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Expenditure of personal WELLNESS
Most tours are customized for private travel according to your preferences and dates. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Click below to tell us what you're looking for: